Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, August 08, 2011

Camping with Friends...


Six families ventured off to Pentwater, Michigan this past weekend. Twenty-nine people surrounding each other in the woods for four days? Ambitious. An unknown adventure? Absolutely!

It could not have gone any better. The weather prevailed, the children were wonderful. There seemed to be a nice balance of fun for both the adults and children.

Lucy was kind and motherly to the little ones, and reignited friendships with little girlfriends at other schools that she doesn't see much of anymore. Tommy found new baseball, football and "woods-hunting" buddies.

We rode the MAC Dune rides, swam in Lake Michigan, had dance parties and a bonfire each night. We made friendship bracelets, laughed until our stomach hurt, and ate and drank way too much.

Some fabulous memories were made with some old friends, and some newer friends that I am so happy we have befriended in the past couple of years. I think we all found ourselves having moments of gratefulness over the weekend and loving that we all made the trip happen. Best of all, we created a new summer tradition that the kids (and adults) will always remember. Sweet success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger