Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, November 01, 2010

I Ran By...

I ran by your school this morning, on a sunny, crisp fall day. I thought you might have recess and I was right.

Out of school boomed a happy little girl in a fuzzy pink coat. She found me quickly (oddly) against the fence, waving and smiling.

I fended off thoughts that I looked like a creepy stalker. I loved every minute.

"Mom! Why are you here? Are you running?"

"Yes! And I realized you might be here so I thought I'd stop for a kiss!"

We kissed through the fence. We laughed.

"See Mom? I told you I wear my coat on the playground!"

"I see that! I believed you! Well...I guess I'll go now."

"O.k. Mom! See you after!"

A friend asked her for help and, in a motherly tone, she started to help him find something lost and important to him.


And I ran away from the school, fighting back tears.
Not because I was sad to leave you, but because I was so dang proud of you.
I love you, Luce.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Awww. Now you make me want to stalk my own child on the playground, just to see what she's up to and sneak a kiss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger