Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Letting Go....

Funny how you think ahead to things and don't realize how they will feel until they start happening. I am not often caught off guard by feelings and yet motherhood continues to surprise me.

She loves school. I mean LOVES school. Of course, I would want nothing less for her. She has no idea how bad I am missing her. One of many small steps that will slowly send her away from our home. One little girl in a crowd of kids I don't recognize. But it's still our Luce...with all the experiences of us in her heart. She will be fantastic.

You are walking down a crowded street...various shades of people.
Summer's harshest heat, a story in your eye.
Well speak, until your mind's at ease...
The years have come and gone and your story's still unfolding.

If you look into your future life, decades from this question...
Do you imagine a familiar life burning in the distance?

The love that never dies...

Paul Simon

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

so beautiful.

I totally get this post and we are still only half day kindergarten!
next September I'll be an emotional mess no doubt.

Glad to hear she loves school as much as Lulu does.
makes it a little bit easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger