Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Him....

There's been much talk on this blog of the girl, so I feel I need to share what's been going on with the Tomma.

For one thing: One on one time with mom. He and I have gotten into a nice daily routine this fall. We hit the library on Mondays, swim on Wednesdays, and try to make everyday errands together fun. He is a pleasure to have as my wing-man. I even miss him when he is at school three (longerish) mornings a week.

Than there's the comments I hear. Ridiculous daily comments like:

"Mom? I was hanging out with God and I saw a lady in a really nice outfit and it was you. I asked God if you could be my mom and you ARE my mom!"

or how about...

"In my heart, mom - I really, really love you. You are the greatest mom."

or to himself...

"Boy it's a great day!" or "Boy that lady is fancy!" or "Boy we have a nice house!"

or to a little boy staring at him in checkout at Target...

"Hi! I just got this Star Wars notepad. Ask your mom. If you are good, you can get it in the dollar area at Target right now."

He's always been "a different" and things really have not changed. He is sweet, funny, TALKATIVE, thoughtful, inquisitive and just plain charming. Strangers genuinely seem to make note of him.

This morning at swim lessons, the tough-nosed Coach Joan said to me,
"I've taught a lot of kids and seen some real pistols in my day. I just have to tell you your son is a complete pleasure. He really is such a sweet boy."

Maybe I'm too hard on my kids, or maybe, due to some recent extended family comments, I just needed to hear that from an outsider, out of the blue. I already knew this to be true, but it was really, really nice to hear.

I am so lucky to be Tommy's mom.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

and they're lucky to have you as their Mom!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger meg said...

Dang it that Tomma!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger