Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, August 01, 2010

This Little Boy of Mine....

Right now, at this moment in summer 2010, Tommy Cavanaugh is 4 (almost half) years old and you are....

The first smiling face I see at 7:01 a.m. You quietly tell me about the adventure that has already started in your bedroom...they don't stop all day.

Full of daily kisses and hugs and lovey-dovey-ness.

A head full of stories to tell - you never stop talking or sharing or telling me ALL the important things happening right that minute!

A tan little wad of a human with a big head and puffy hair and chubby feet I want to eat.

A boy with no fears and all the confidence I have ever seen in a person. You talk to strangers, kids, teachers, etc. like you have known them your whole life. Sometimes people are taken aback by it, but it just makes me giggle. You're going places.

You go out of your way compliment superhero t-shirts to kids in Target or tell a kid at the pool that you LOVE their Iron Man bathing suit. You are very kind.

You are sensitive and tell me you love me all the time. You tell me I am your "greatest mom" when I do things like....bring you your milk.

"My little Andy" from Toy Story. Everything is a narrative of some big story or big scene playing out on your head with your toys. The imagination runs wild....

You are so easy going, it is VERY easy to talk you in or out of just about anything. You roll with the punches...unphased....

What will become of you, little Tommy Cavanaugh? All I want is to bottle you up right now and hold it forever. Man, am I glad I got to have you be my little boy. What would I have done without the love of a son?

One Small Son

One small hand to hold in yours,
One small face to smile,
One wet kiss as he says "good-night"
One small child.

Catch the moment, put it in your heart
The years too soon will fly.
These are precious moments,
more than money can buy.


Two small arms to hold you tight,
Two small feet to run,
Two small eyes full of love for you,
One small son.

Catch the moment and put it in your heart
and never let it go.
Save it for the years to come,
when he, too will know.

One small hand to hold in his
One small face to smile.
One small kiss and she says "good-night"
One small child.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger meg said...

Yes, I second all that! I'm a lucky Aunt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger