Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just Around the Corner....

Here I sit on August 10th. After analyzing why I haven't slept much in a couple nights, felt tearful at random happy moments, and felt like I can't spend enough time with Lucy, I realize what's going on. I can feel the countdown. I'm anxious.

Gymco summer camp lasts only 3 more days. We are as tan as we can get. We have checked every summer milestone, wish and event off our list.

Now we still have 3+ weeks of full-on summer and, don't worry, we have big plans to ENJOY every second of it.

But I feel a tinge of sadness. I see my girl run by, her smiling face and tan body....and I realize that she's a first grader. I pray she will do great - be brave - have grown - from that last September we shall not speak of.

My boy looks bigger than ever and will be away from me three long mornings a week.

Work schedules are changing....canceling a sitter because "I don't need her anymore."

This has been an absolutely fabulous summer. One that I believe I will look back on fondly and remember "the summers when the kids were little."

All I can do is trust that I am where I need to be right now. That seasons will come and go....and there are plenty of fun things on the horizon (can anyone say MAGICAL TRIPS??).

I'll keep appreciating the lazy afternoons at the pool, the mornings when Lucy isn't leaving me for eight hours, the freshly pedicured toes, cold beers at 4 p.m., the snuggling of tired, tan kids.

And have faith that something new and exciting is just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger