Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Camping Experience...

We went camping this weekend...and cousins played and played.

We rode the dunes, we roasted marshmallows and we played on a big "pirate ship."

We swam in Lake Michigan with no one around. We bathed in it too (one of my favorites from back at Sids)!

Tommy was so proud of diving into the waves without a life jacket. Lucy was our little fish, like always.

We stayed up late and "got cozy" in our campers. Little tired bodies side by side.

We laughed at the campfire and told old stories.

I appreciated the time. I admired my mother in law. I loved my kids.

Today would have been an easy day to hurry home and start the laundry. No showers for two days can make a person start to twitch.

Instead, we packed it up and did one more beach day. How many do we have left with only 14 days left of summer?

The kids made a turtle in the sand. I got a sunburn nose.

This is all that matters....our family, these times.

What I know for sure is that is all that really matters.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger meg said...

Come here, ya little beautiful! All that matters INDEED!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

hahahah....INDEED!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger