Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wouldn't Wanna Waste a Thing...

For some reason, there is nothing cuter or more satisfying to me than having just had a fun, summery time with the kids (whatever that may be), and looking back at them in their PLG car seats all tired, tanned and happy.

This is when I know I have done my job. This is when I feel the luckiest. This is when I internally plead to God to let summer last and last and last...because I don't really want these days to go away. Or for them to keep growing so fast.

I want to remember the two missing teeth, the fuzzy buzz cut, the little, tan, chubby feet, the wanting to hold a toy on the way home to help them feel "cozy."

They were sitting
They were sitting on the strawberry swing
Every moment was so precious

They were sitting
They were talking under strawberry swing
Everybody was for fighting
Wouldn't wanna waste a thing

Cold, cold water bring me round
Now my feet won't touch the ground
Cold, cold water what ya say?
When it's such…
It's such a perfect day
It's such a perfect day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger