Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's Been Happening...

It's two weeks into our official summer and what a whirlwind of fun it has been!

Highlights include:

*Our Lake Michigan day with good friends, ending with a wonderful dinner on a deck overlooking the sunset - tired, happy kids and happy grown ups.

*Our morning at the Zoo - just the three of us...and me being so dang grateful I have these two little kids who make everything so fun.

*Spontaneous ice cream, slushies, coffee visits, "silly band" purchasing and lots of saying "yes" to silly things for not reason other than: it's summertime!

*All the wonderful, sunny afternoons that have flown by at the pool. And the tired, sun-tanned kids in the back seat afterwards.

*NOT having to leave the house at 8 a.m. every day!!!! Yahoooieee! The freedom!!

*Listening to the Coldplay channel on our Pandora station with our new speakers in the back yard.

*Early morning runs outside and having it be LIGHT out at 6 a.m.!

And the excitement of leaving on Saturday for our annual one week on Lake Huron. We are off to SIDS and I can't wait for my kids to experience the place we vacationed every summer when I was little.

THIS is the best summer ever....for real! I mean it this time! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger