Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Power of Girlfriends...

I really treasure my friendships...and when I find a truly good friend, it seems I hold on a bit tighter than ever before.

The daily exchanges, moments, looks, and laughs at the moments that just make you feel "not alone" in this journey of life.

The agreement that we are doing the right thing...or not.

The friends that can say, "Stand up straight," "Don't give them the power," and "It just doesn't matter."

The hilariousness of talking about the past...when we weren't the 30-something moms of this very day.

The calling up in tears when our child is breaking us that day for whatever reason. The words to help build you back up or the words you give others that help.

A glass of wine after a long day and some friendly gossip to forget about our worries.

The friend that doesn't care or notice when you are unshowered, not cute, and your kid is being a ron.


Some might say you get this from a spouse. Sure, they fill this role, but in a different way. There is something about a good girlfriend that is worth holding on to, making the effort, making the call. The payback is well worth it. I am so lucky!

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

1. Love this.

2. Love that you used the word "ron."

3. "Thirty-something mom"? Um, don't you mean "nearly 40"?

;)

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger meg said...

Cute and true!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, ladies...and I would like to recognize that I am the RON and spelled "role" incorrectly. ha ha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger