Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day One, Summer 2010

I have a new blogger that I like to check in with about once a week or so. She very recently shared a thought that described my thoughts exactly...

That's what summer does. Inspires me. To relive childhood happinesses and somehow strive to create some magical land of happy days and colorful memories for my kids.

Today is Day #1 of our summer. It's the first day of the summer I get to have a four and six year old. I decided this deserved some sort of celebratory morning of fun, and so, we are headed to the Zoo and then to sign up for our library summer reading program. If it's not raining later, we will head to the pool and eat a picnic dinner.

This...is going to be a great summer.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger meg said...

sounds great! wish that was my life and not sitting here at work. :(

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know...I feel VERY lucky to get to do this! But don't worry...SIDS is around the corner!! :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love summer, the kids love to be outside. We are a part of the zoo buddies program, so far it is a blast.

www.takingterribleoutoftoddler.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger