Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Keeping Up...

This morning, the kids and I walked Lucy to Kindergarten. I haven't walked Tommy with us in a while (we've done a lot of cars, carpooling, dad staying home with him, etc.). He was so cute and ran along with us with his two superheros in each hand, chatting it up with Caden Fuller. When we arrived, I noticed he was standing with Caden and the other five year old boys in a huddle, just acting like he belonged there and giggling at what they were saying.

Mom at the door: "Boy! Your younger one is a big guy! He will certainly bypass Lucy in size soon!"
Me: "I know it! They are only 21 months apart. He will catch up soon!"
Mom: "Wow...you were busy, huh?"
Me: "Yes, I like to call 2006 to 2008 the "Sweating Years."

And then I was reminded just how far we've all come when I saw this....and thought about the big boy who was with me this morning, keeping up with the kids, running and laughing with the Kindergarten boys....

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger meg said...

PLG Tomma. :( What a WAD! Can I get a shot out for the love? "My great SISTER sent me this video" vs. "And then I randomly saw this video". Credit...credit....credit.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

i can't imagine how much "sweating" was involved with two little ones that close in age,
when some days I feel "drenched" with only one!

So much easier now though huh?

happy spring to you guys..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger