Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Happy Boy...


Dear Tommy,

You turned four years old last week - and the party lasted all week long! I think some people think I am crazy with birthdays (various "celebratory" events, dinners, big parties, etc)...but I always say, "Life is short! You have to celebrate everything BIG!" So that's what I do...and I hope you feel very special because of it.

We had a big Super Hero themed party for you - and you were in your glory. Twelve friends arrived, family was decked out in Super Hero t-shirts, and Mr. Kevin even dressed up as Batman HIMSELF! Your mouth dropped when you saw him and you told me later that you thought he "might have even been real."

Instead of going on and on about how smart and funny and patient and kind-hearted you continue to be, I will say I am proudest of one thing: You. Are. Happy.

You are seriously the happiest kid I think I have ever met. Life is one big celebration to you. You wake up each morning and say, "What will we do today, mom?"

And not in an annoying, "I have to be entertained" kind of way. It's more in a "I don't care if you tell me I get to drink MILK today! That's AWESOME!" kind of way.

You are a lovey-dovey kid, too. You are always good for a kiss, hug, squeeze, or an "I am so glad you are my mom" at any moment of the day. You just do this. Sometimes, I see you in the rear view window of the car and maybe I said something like, "I sure did miss you while you were at school!" or "You are the greatest boy I know!" and for that, you will be overcome with a need to kiss me but since you can't, you'll just kiss your arm and "air hug" me because you can't stand it. You are a different.

You like to tell everyone you know (and don't know) about the day, how things are going, what we are doing next weekend, anything you are looking forward to, etc. You love snacks and stories and Spiderman. You make friends easily, always exude confidence, and never seem phased by anything.

You are rarely crabby...which still amazes your Dad and I. For years, we have not spoken of your calm and low key demeanor, with the worry a terrible phase was brewing if we mentioned it. But here you are at age FOUR and still NO BAD PHASE.

Don't get me wrong - you have your moments. But even this morning, as you crabbed that I forgot to pack your water for our drive, you started giggling about the song on the radio for no apparent reason. I think it was because you wanted an excuse to stop the crabbiness. You were sick of it, too. :)

Today, I pulled out my Wonder Woman t-shirt from your party and wore it to the gym with you, since I knew you'd love it so much. I was made fun of by friends for a. wearing it and b. the fact that it was about two sizes too small. Regardless, I wore it proudly and my exercise class ended up down in the gym area next to where you and the other kids were playing. After a few minutes, a group of kids came to the wall and were yelling at us as we went by. When I passed you, we high fived and I yelled, "I'm Wonder WOMMAAANNN!" When I looked back at you, you were smiling like crazy and yelled to the kids, "That is MY MOM!"

Thank you for being the sweet, funny, and HAPPY boy that you are. I can't wait to see what the next year brings with you, little boy.
Happy Birthday - Love you FOREVER,
Mom

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger meg said...

What a Tomma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger