Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine...

Matt was a lucky guy and headed out this past week on a ski trip to Vail with his best friend, Kahle. I have been solo parent for the past five days. Most of the time has been great - with a few rough moments in between. For example, taking thirty minutes to CONVINCE children to get dressed, get in the bath tub, etc. Sometimes I feel like no one can heeaarrr meeee.....but doesn't every mom say this at one point or another?

Speaking of being a mom, today is Valentine's Day and I did what every girl loves to do on this special day....be woken up at 6 a.m. to a three year old yelling, "Mooommmyy...I have to go potty and I am hungry!"

Ugh....we wearily went downstairs, I handed him some milk, turned on Noggin, and went back upstairs to start gulping coffee and watch Olympic play backs on CNN.

After taking them to church and back, I realized I had been up for four hours already. I had breakfast so early, I was ready for breakfast #2.
I also reminded the kids that today was, in fact, Valentine's Day.

Tommy spontaneously gave me a huge hug. I asked, "Will you be my Valentine, Tommy?" and he replied, "Yes mommy....and I have ALWAYS been your Valentine."

Awww....and just like that, 6 a.m. was long forgotten.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it get any sweeter than that?!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger