Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Little Jackie Paper....

Monday mornings are becoming Tommy and I's special times. Bright Beginning play time at Woodcliff, a trip to the mall and coffee shop together and Puff the Magic Dragon on a loop in the car. He loves that song and as I listen to it, I realize why. It's a perfect song for him - this little boy with a huge imagination and who's brain never stops. Reminds me, yet again, how lucky I am to be a (mostly) stay at home mom to this little boy AND to appreciate every minute with him...almost four...ugh....

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea, and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee...
Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal puff, and brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff.

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail...
Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff’s gigantic tail...
Noble kings and princes would bow whene’er they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flag when puff roared out his name.

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys...painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more...
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.
His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain...
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, Puff could not be brave,
So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave...


And every time that last verse plays....I catch him getting teary in the rear view mirror.

"I'm just a little bit tired mom....I'm just yawning," he'll say every time, and look out the window.

Don't worry, Tommy...I don't want him to grow up either.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger meg said...

poooor tomma!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I love puff the magic dragon!

p.s. do you still hear from Mama Z?
I've been wondering how she's doing these days.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey PG! Yes, still hear from Mama Z - she is well but I miss her writing. :)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger SarahD said...

Sarah
I haven't read your blog in ages. It good to hear I am not the only one with this feeling of being so proud and amazed of our kiddos but not wanting them to grow up AT ALL.
I hope you are doing well. My little Tommy and Luna are growing too quickly too. "sigh"
I get teary every time I hear that song too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger