Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just When I Thought it was All Gone....

Still in my positive "New Year" efforts on the home front, I took advantage of some alone time this morning to tackle our dreaded linen closet upstairs. I am one of those people who has a clean house at all times, but go to two places (coat closet and linen closet) and you realize I have lost all control.

Off I went to organize and start my usual piles: trash, garage sale item, etc.
I grabbed and pulled out random pillow cases, towels and washcloths and, suddenly, there they were....the last of the baby items that had been hidden away.
Baby towels. Baby washcloths. And lastly, the little pink tub that we would bath our newborn in when they were so teeny tiny.
Not sure how that got stuck back there but so it was.

I remember when Lucy turned three and I realized the towels were getting too small, but I ignored it and made her dry off with them anyway. I guess I hid them away.

I will admit, I threw some in the trash and a couple, still nice ones, in the garage sale pile. Later, Lucy saw the pile and asked me about the towels.

"Is this what I looked like as a baby, mom (towel on her head and smiling in the mirror)?
"It sure is Luce."
"Can I use this towel as a blanket for my babies in my room?"
"Sure," I said, secretly breathing a sigh of relief that there is a reason to still keep one or two in our house just a little bit longer.

And that pink bathtub? It now stores all of our light bulbs very nicely.
:)

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger meg said...

Cute!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I just organized the coat closet myself the other day.
and I too know that there is a stack of tiny pink wash clothes lingering in the back of our linen closet.

I guess I can put off cleaning it for a few more weeks...
sniff..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger