Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hey Luce...


Just in case I don't say it enough....I am so proud of you for the following things:

1. Getting out of bed at 7 a.m. and efficiently eating breakfast, getting dressed, getting teeth and hair brushed and walking in the Michigan cold at 8:05 a.m. with nary a complaint and usually, a smile.

2. Carpooling and play dating with moms you don't know all that well and places you aren't "used to," yet rolling with it just fine. (Incidentally, when I tell her I am proud of her for going somewhere new, she'll ask, "why?" - as if September 2009 is not even in her repertoire of memory, yet stuck in my head for life).

3. Being wonderful in restaurants and stores. I take that for granted now. The other day, Dad and I remembered how we barely entered a restaurant during your age of 18 months through 3 years old. Now I can take you anywhere, even if there's a wait.

4. Eating your vegetables. Trying new things. Being our "good eater," as opposed to a certain small male in our house who eats salami, cheese and popcicles. Nice.

5. Creating a fun art project for yourself almost every afternoon, all by yourself. Currently, you are making a bookmark in the family room.

6. Doing great at swimming class with kids much older than you, even past bedtime. It never gets old to see your little body backstroking across a pool!

7. Always saving an extra excited hug for me whenever we meet up again.

I love you and am so, so proud of you, my girl!

Love,
Mom

3 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love how she has no memory of the hell that was September 2009, while you have been stricken by it for life . . . we'll have to, ahem, remind her when she's a grown-up, yes?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

that's super sweet.
it's nice to put into words what we are proud of instead of all the things that drive us crazy from time to time.
(speaking for myself btw)
I might do a similar list too.
a nice reminder of how lucky we are as mothers.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Agreed, PG. That's what I thought...I do not say it or express it enough and just wanted her to be able to read this someday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger