Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 in the Record Books...

What a fun holiday week this has been! Perhaps down the road it will be looked back upon as a year when the kids were SO into Santa Claus. Between our "Elf on a Shelf" (new this year), multiple run-ins with Santa (mall, Crossroads Village, tree lighting downtown, etc.), constantly talking about being on the "naughty or nice" list, watching Polar Express five times, etc. It seemed the topic of Old Saint Nick definitely took over the theme of our holiday!!

The past two weeks have been crazy busy - school parties, gift buying and wrapping, a trip to Flint, trips to Meijer Gardens and the Public Museum, the Princess and the Frog, preparing for Santa, getting to church early, dinner at our place X-mas eve and two days at my parents. I got a mystery cold/sinus infection this past week (figures...I have been healthy for 9 months) but as we all know, moms can't stop - especially at Christmas! We are an exhausted but happy crew.

The kids have spent the past two days loving their new toys, crafts and games. It was a success on all accounts! Happy New Year!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger