Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, November 13, 2009

Why...

There has been some talk from my 2 fans that I haven't been blogging as much as I used to. This is a true statement and it does bum me out. Maybe I haven't been inspired but really, the truth is, my brain seems to be consumed with the following things/topics:

1. I have a new hairdo, which now includes bangs and highlights. I enjoy it and have received many compliments on it, yet when I look at myself in a mirror or on T.V., I wonder to myself, "Am I becoming one of those women who gets hairdos to not look old, and yet the hairdo just screams: I am not trying to look 35!!!" Confusing....still working on perfecting it.

2. The kids. Oh yeah, the two people I am wholly responsible for. I feel like time is going so fast and I feel guilty enough about the time I am spending on other things like my "work from home" job and my volunteering position at the preschool. So when I'm not doing those things...I am trying to be very PRESENT with them. We've been making cookies and working on writing lower case.

3. Work. It's sort of a negative drain on me right now. The people I am dealing with our very different than me and a pretty "not fun" group. Maybe I've just had a rough week with it...we'll see.

4. With the weather turning colder, and the fact that I am hosting Matt's extended family Christmas in a few weeks, I have been into house decor mode. I am on my way to Ikea this weekend and am fired up to get some items to enhance and update! In addition, I just got new pics of the kids so a framing montage is also on the brain.

5. Being in charge of things is sometimes fun and sometimes annoying. I hope that my previous experience is actually helpful to people and that I am making good decisions. I hope that people respect me for the leader I am trying to be.

6. I am finding that I very hot and cold with running right now. Either I hate it or love it from one day to the next. Therefore, I am trying cardio classes, spin class or perhaps some weight training. Still chasing those dang 6 lbs. I have been chasing for ohh....2 years now.

2 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger loveball said...

hilarious that #1 on your reasons for not blogging as much is your new hairdo. haha...truly awesome.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm not sure if I told you but I love the hair... and I think why everyone was going on (facebook) about your mom was the face you were making... not how your hair looked. Not that your mom looks bad in any way... or old or anything like that. Anywho, now I'm rambling.

I'm totally with you on #2 and #6 (but with working out in general... seem to have no motivation and only want to eat donuts).

Good luck with #3 (I'm sure it's just the week... let's hope) and #4 (sooo fun!)! Loving this post and the updates on you. Keep 'em up, but no pressure ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger