Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloweenie Week 2009

I imagined this week would be exciting, but man, is Halloween AWESOME with a three and five year old! Tommy's Halloween "show" at preschool was a major hit. For some reason, it felt more precious and fleeting than these events have felt in the past. It was so fun and cute to see these little wads singing songs on stage. Tommy was brave, being the first 3 year old onto the stage and telling everyone how much he "loves their costume," any chance he could get. Yet another event where that place feels like a second family to me - those teachers seeing me through good times and bad and creating moments with my kids I will never forget.

Then onward and upward to the new big elementary school parade and party! This one consisted of watching the classes parade through the school with everyone cheering for them - so fun! I think Lucy's class felt like rock stars and for good reason! As always at that place, I hear about it all via Lucy so things remain sort of mysterious but always fun, according to her. Glad it was a success!

Next up? Halloween day! The kids woke up like it was Christmas morning (soooo excited!!!) so we kept them busy until Trick or Treating. They were great and cute and polite. Lucy eventually broke off with Matt and some Kindergarten friends to hit more houses. My mom and I took Tommy the rest of the one block he managed to go around. He was so happy and so grateful for everything. In true Tommy form, lots of spontaneous, "Happy Halloween!" to randoms walking by and those that gave him treats. What will I do with that kid? He is too much 75% of the time. :)

And so we put another Halloween to bed and head into November. I am exhausted but so happy it was all a huge and fun success!





2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger meg said...

good times!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

still feasting on all the candy in these parts...
great pics btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger