Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goodbye...

Off she goes, down the street.
A step ahead to talk to a friend.
I watch her walk and giggle and play.

The blowing blond hair that still surprises me.
Only five years ago, I didn't know who you were.
Only three years ago, you were lighting up the room with your words and that smile.
Only one year ago, things seemed smaller and simpler.

Watching you walk ahead of me, I can still see those baby legs through the sparkle jeans.

I feel the tight hand around mine as we near the door.
Maybe she's not so big after all.
Will I ever get used to the saying goodbye?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger