Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, August 14, 2009

Self-Motivate

This is what my Saturday mornings look like these days....



Appealing, huh? "They" (meaning the crazies that have done this before), tell me I am rounding the bend (apparently the "post-16 miles" portion of the marathon training) where you might begin to ask yourself, "WHY am I doing this?"

"Why am I running for 2.5 hours on a Saturday morning, away from my lovely family eating waffles and snuggling on the couch?"

"Why am I not allowing myself more than one light beer on a lovely summer Friday evening in August?"

"Why am I pretty much taking on one more thing at this point in my life?"

Ahem....so I have already sort of "gone there" in my brain. At about mile 12.

However, I am really enjoying the training for the most part. Weekdays are a breeze and I actually like running 9 or 10 miles on a Wednesday as I step up my game. I get super excited when I think about running through the streets of Chicago with people cheering me on. It's tough to train alone, but last week, I pictured all the thousands of people who were out there...just like me...maybe running alone for their own reasons. We will all come together on October 11th to run 26.2 miles, after months of running alone, staying extremely self-motivated.

Odd, but exciting! Off I go...oh wait, I have to go eat some more.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Sarah, I am so excited for you!
Keep up the hard work...it WILL be worth it in the end!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Now, that looks like a SWEET Saturday morning! (I especially like the anti-diarrheal tablets . . .). You are going to do awesome!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Sarah--sounds like you are getting your miles in--the hardest part is by far the training....lots (and lots) of time to think,etc. You will not believe the crowds on marathon day--your first 10 miles will go by in the blink of an eye (I am not kidding!). Keep up the good work!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger meg said...

Woo! Run! Run!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

very inspiring!
keep up the good work.
but anti diarrhea tablets??
who knew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger