Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PLG Kids...

Things I have recently noticed about kids that are extremely PLG to me:

1. Kids get thrown in cars and taken random places all the time. They have no control over this. They are sometimes confused where they are going but just trust that their PLG mom will just take care of them. We need soap? Oh, we are going to Target now? Nice.

2. Summer camps. This kills me. So your kid is all, "It's summer so now I get to go do something different!" Again, the random dropping off places with sunscreen, backpacks and a water bottle with no clear idea what is exactly going on. Again, trusting the grown up they are supposed to call "Counselor Sam" to take care of them the next 2 hours. PLG central...

3. Kids eating snacks. Just how butt happy they can be about a bag of pretzels or a popsicle. Just sitting there mowing on it, totally oblivious to life around them.

4. Kids waking up from naps after falling asleep in the car. They just wake up and are all sweaty and then are all, "Oh. Where are we? Guess I'll get out now." Totally plg.

5. Kids at restaurants. Here's a crayon and a menu. Do you want this choice or this choice? O.k. here you go. I am so sure...

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Love this post...I also feel when I lay my kids outfits out in the morning-- pretty much dictating what they must wear--trusting their mom has some fashion sense--and then they are all proud when somebody compliments their outfit "my mom got it at Children's Place!!!"...oh so very plg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger