Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 06, 2009

Another Vacation for the Record Books...

We are back from another successful week of vacation on Lake Huron.

The weather was cold and dreary for 4 of our 7 days, but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

The kids were awesome. Tommy tried week 2 of officially "ending the naps," which led to a lot of PLG behavior like sleeping in the car, on the beach in my lap, on the couch with the action swirling around him.

Highlights included:

A glorious "first night" out on the beach - with the sun shining and everyone excitedly putting their feet in the lake!

Tommy's first movie, "Up!" - eating his popcorn, sitting in Boppa's lap, and having a fantastic time in the cute, old-fashioned theater that wasn't "too loud" for him.

Boppa's much-anticipated fireworks, with a dance routine from Boppa to go with. The kids didn't seem to notice that despite the 25 names of all the different "fountains," they pretty much all looked the same.

Dinosaur Gardens! WHO KNEW there was such a place?

The FOOD and DRINK - only during this one week of the entire year do I allow myself to eat TWO creamstick donuts, drinks everyday at 3 p.m., and appetizers, dinner AND ice cream all in one night!

The 4th of July parade in Harrisville, complete with patriotic songs blaring down Main St.

The Alcona Lighthouse and one room schoolhouse with Matt and Dad.

My 10 mile run in which I encountered a baby skunk that I really didn't want to run away from because he was so cute!

My little girl wanting to snuggle with me on the beach and be "cozy."

Seeing the kids have a blast with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend. They are so very luck to have so many people love them!


And now we head into July...with few weekend plans and lots of fun to be had. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger meg said...

woooooooo! (ps. missing the kids and all the fun!)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Goodnight Mrs. Kalabash said...

What a GREAT VACATION!

I'll always remember, "Meema...remember the fi fie foe fum giant? Wanna read it again?"

"Suzette and the 'pee running down her leg'"

"Peanut butter stuck on the roof of my mouth" - and Tommy bad assing all the way down from the house to the beach to tell me HE got peanut butter stuck too!

GREAT to have all of us together!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

By the way, he was reciting that story Meema speaks of out loud to himself in the pool tonight. Ha ha...totally caught him. And now, Lucy's new lullabye for bed is "Show me the way to go home." :)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger meg said...

I keep laughing about "COME HOME TO ME MY BABY-GIANT...COME HOME!"

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Sounds like a great vacation! And it sounds like lots of great memories were made ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger