Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Watching her...

Watching her struggle is painful...

I see so much of me in her 5 year old struggles.

Her tears, her frustration, her laughter, her silliness.

I never thought I would see so much of myself in another person. Funny how genetics works. Funny how you can watch and remember yourself.

Much less a short, 45 lb. version of myself.

But she has better hair. She has GREAT hair.

And she is fun and spunky and smart and a pleaser.

She is all these GOOD things that I want her to remember about herself when we have had a rough moment, rough hour, rough day.

We have had many rough days as of late. But today...was a much better day.

We laid low. We had a picnic. We hung out. We went swimming.

Her tan, exhausted, chubby little summer body is all snuggled in bed after another fun day.

"You're my greatest girl. Never forget how much this mama loves you."

"I never will, mom."

And we will try again tomorrow.

This little girl of mine and this mom who sees way too much of herself in her.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You're a good mom. And she's a good girl. ;) And yes, she does have great hair.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

sounds VERY familiar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger