Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, June 19, 2009

Big Sister...

This morning, I took the kiddos to our local gym. I ran a quick 4.5 miles while they played in the kid's area. At one point, I looked down (I am on the 2nd floor and can look down at them playing in the gym area) and I saw Tommy trying really hard to tell an employee that an older boy had taken his scooter.

I watched him walk around and point at the boy, partially talking to himself and partially trying to get one of the employee's attention. It was PLG to say the least. I felt compelled to hop off the treadmill and try to yell down to him to "grab a teacher" but one of the nice ladies heard me and remedied the situation immediately.

After I picked them up, we headed to the bathroom for potty time and washing hands. I mentioned to Tommy that I had seen him trying to tell a "teacher" about the scooter incident and that I was glad he got some help. I also reminded him he can always tell his sissy the trouble and she can help him. Lucy heard that, mentioned that she'd been distracted while playing with her friend Ella, and then got really quiet, sitting on the toilet. After a minute deep in thought, I asked her if she was all done.

"Yeah...I just got really sad for Tommy hearing about that story."

I reminded her it was o.k. that she didn't know and she was too busy to protect her brother at that minute but I could tell she felt really responsible for not taking care of him. PLG central....and such a sweet moment of love and protection for her brother...

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger meg said...

PLG central is right. Pooor Tomma. And poor Luce for wanting to help him. PLG.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

So damn cute. Seriously, PLG. haha!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

so sweet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger