Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Odd Conversations...

Apparently, we are already planning for Scout's death with a variety of comments this week...both Matt and I have begun sentences in the last two days like this:

"When Scout D-I-E-S (spelled in front of the children, of course), we will....."

1. Get the carpets cleaned.
2. Get the furniture cleaned.
3. Redo the family room (I was inspired by Nate on Oprah yesterday! A new room with less than $300!)
4. Get more fish. Lucy seems less stressed if we keep talking about new fish.
5. Sneeze less.

This is NOT to say we look forward to this pending event. In fact, the girl doesn't have much longer. She's still doing o.k., but I might give it a few more weeks at best. Poor Scout....

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger k said...

Rough.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - this post made me laugh for some reason. I should be sobbing.

Holly just emailed me and said: "I just read your sisters blog-- poor scout. I am so sad for her loss!"
And I wrote back: "Scouts dead!? I didn't even know!" - come on! Happy to hear she's still A-L-I-V-E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger