Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Goody...

I have days...many, many days when the world feels on my shoulders.
I could have been a better mom, more patient, a better listener, a better friend.

But some days are just good. Really, really good.
A great run, fun with the kids, a great day at work and a nice dinner with Matt. Sometimes things just all come together.

My good buddy shared this quote with me a few weeks ago, when things were feeling a bit "harried" and she came to my rescue.
I have read it every day since. A goody, indeed!

"It is not our greatest fear that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
We ask ourselves - who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small will not serve the work."
-Nelson Mandela

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger meg said...

a goody proctor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger