Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, April 24, 2009

Dear Kids...Can You Tell?

The past four weeks have been quite an adjustment for mom. After being 100% devoted 24/7 to you for the past 5 years, I am branching out in some major ways.
I wonder if you notice...

A new sitter on Wednesdays with trips to the a new park and art projects galore. Suddenly, mom off "at meetings," and "dressing fancy" (BTW - Lucy considers me fancy if I am not in workout gear). Conference calls at the gym, mom's laptop open every day during "quiet time," and even a glimpse of momma on T.V! What in the heck, right?
I know...it's bizarre. FUN...but bizarre.

It has certainly made me MORE focused and "present" in whatever activity we are doing together. If we only have one hour on Wednesdays - we have a picnic and talk about our day at school. We have Friday afternoon Barbie baths and Tuesday lucky lunches at Olga's.

But sometimes, within the past four weeks, I have found myself hugging each of you really, really hard and getting a little teary at the same time. This moment is never back. These moments are gone in an instant. You are so little and so great and so never, ever going to be as magical in the ways you are magical to me right now ever again.

Must still soak it all in every. single. second.
Wish there was a pause button on life sometimes.
Hard to split myself...but know it's the right thing to do.

I just love being a mom so dang much...I take it SO personally and work SO hard to do it "right."
Are they better for this? I think so.
Can you tell Mom has a few other things going on now?
Do you think it's kind of cool?
I hope so.
I love you guys.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You are a WONDERFUL mom, and this will be so good for all of you. If it feels like the right time, then it is. And I think you're right, when you know you have a certain amount of time with your kids, you can really plan for it and be present, as you said. Where is your job? TV??...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger