Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No Mossimo for You, Young Lady....

And so...it is a time of transition in my life. This is all swell and good and all the things I dreamed of happening in my life are happening in my life! I am happy. But happiness comes with shake-ups, schedule changes, new faces, new things to learn, and help with the children.
And clothes designed by people with names other than "Mossimo."
And nylons.
Forgot what those felt like.
I dragged myself out into the night last night in search of "grown up clothes."
I returned home 2.5 hours later after a lot of sweating in dressing rooms and trying on things I didn't even think about owning just one week ago.
Lined trouser pants?
Heeled brown shoes?
Buttoned-up collared shirts people over 50 might describe as "sharp?"
What is going on with me??
I also came away with another realization:
Dressing rooms make you look like hell.
Dressing rooms make people with a healthy BMI, people who wear a normal size, and people who run 25 miles a week look like they might need to add some of their thigh cottage cheese to Easter dinner.
Again...I ask you...WHAT is going on?
What does a Michigan winter, pale dressing room lights, sweating, and inappropriate socks do to people in dressing rooms?
Make them feel really super duper - that's what.

But I came home with some options that will work for a while.
And I have 8 weeks until bathing suit season.
Thank god our local pool doesn't have terrible lighting, weird mirrors, and some strange smells.
Otherwise, you might have found me hiding under an umbrella with a "Snuggie" draped over me this summer.

9 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - NO SENSE! Where are you shopping by the way? I say - head over to the Limited at least! They have great work clothes!

"Sharp."

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Over 50? I think you know that "sharp" is Jason's main requirement for what kind of cars our family should buy.

And stop with the thigh cottage cheese . . . I am so sure.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger amanda said...

This is hilarious. And I've so been there with the bad lighting and inappropriate socks. haha!!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger k said...

Pfft. Try shopping for jeans when your body is still weirded out from pregnancy.

The resulting Top O' The Muffin is enough to send anyone packing.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger loveball said...

dude, nobody wears nylons anymore. But you'll have to get some "business socks." You KNOW what time it is!!

Come visit me at the store! We can hang out AND pick out clothes for you.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Meg...Where ARE you shopping- I am scared!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ha ha...Kohl's and Nordstrom's Rack! Is that sooo wrong? :)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger meg said...

yes - that is wrong!!! Just invest in a few KEY items...you have no business at Khols!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Move over Mossimo, make way for Sir Isaac Mizrahi...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger