Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Job, A Volunteer and a Marathon, Oh My!

Tomorrow I turn 35 years old. Wowza...my 35th year is truly starting off with a BANG! I have never had an issue with birthdays. I didn't know how I would react to a major birthday like 35. BUT, this week has made it clear that turning 35 has propelled me to shake up the old routine and reach for some goals I've had for a while now. It has been crazy, but in the end, I am proud of myself and what I have going this year.

I received an excited job opportunity this week - I will be working part-time for a local Mom's website! It will shake up my schedule with the kids and definitely challenge me to be an even BETTER time manager, but I think it's going to be great. I look forward to a new schedule, contributing in a professional way, getting my foot back in the door, and for a little more income on the home front.

The kid's preschool - I have committed to chairing the school's Advisory Board for the next two years. I love the school - the Director and teachers are so willing to hear new ideas and try new things. They truly care about my kids. I can imagine the day I say goodbye to that place will be a very sad one for me...a lot of memories already get me a little choked up. I am psyched to give back to a place I think is so great and help it remain the stellar school that it is.

The Marathon - I signed up for the Chicago Marathon this October. I am trying not to look any further ahead than the 25K this May, but it is exciting and nerve-wrecking! My body is still holding up and I am feeling strong and ready for the runs ahead. A look forward to a "full circle" moment on October 11th, when I am running through the neighborhoods that my young, struggling 24-year-old self used to call home.

So this is what 35 years old looks like for me. I am psyched and ready for all that lies ahead!

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations! I'm so excited for you :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger meg said...

Woooooo! Good times ahead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger