Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Little Boy...


My little Tomma,
It is completely hard for me to believe that you are already three. In other ways, it feels like you have always been a part of this family.
You love Spiderman, preschool, cars, "fruit snackies," Phillip, Luke and J at school, your sister, early mornings with just the two of us, and wrestling with dad.
You don't enjoy shoes that don't fit you perfectly, long pants (always must be rolled to floods), vegetables, swimming too far from the edge, and playing alone.
You have surprised me with your continued kindness and patience with a crazy family, loud and emotional sister, and your annoying dog who eats your waffles regularly.
You share, listen well, worry when others are sad, and have a great love of books, songs and practicing tricky moves.
Lately, in the mornings, we have been known to wake up to such sayings from you as, "Daddy...I want to hug you!" or "Mom! I want to say Good Morning!"
You roll with the punches, give hugs 100 times a day, and genuinely love your life and all it's details.
We are so lucky to have you in our family.
The little boy I never knew I would have (I always thought it would be girls).
The little boy who came into this world on a busy St. Patrick's Day night, with the nurses laughing about your future birthdays, filled with green celebrations.
The little boy who I am such buddies with and who I love more than anything on earth.
Happy Birthday, Tommy!

5 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger meg said...

Happy birthday tomma!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy birthday, big boy!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Such a sweet letter. Happy Birthday big guy!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Happy Birthday Tommy! Great letter Sarah... such a sweet little glimpse into your relationship with him.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger loveball said...

Happy Birthday Tommy!

Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom, Sarah.

p.s. I loved that you used the word "floods" to describe his need for short pants. And I don't exactly know what his "tricky moves" are..but I bet they're awesome.

When will I see you again?!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger