Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dear Me....

Dear Kind People of the D&W Grocery Store Customer Service Desk,
Thank you for taking pity on a mom dealing with a screaming, tantrum throwing, freshly turned 3-year old boy. The balloons were really swell and I appreciated the effort and assistance in getting my groceries out the door this morning while my son hit, kicked and ran from me. I know you won't believe me, but he has actually never done that before in his life. Ah well...that's what they all say, right?
Sincerely,
The PLG mom trying to get out of there alive this morning

Dear Tommy,
If you could go ahead and just tell me now that the next year is going to be a major pain in my you know what, I almost just want to know now. Is this what your 3rd year of life will be like? It has been a terrible week. I want my old, sweet little boy back.
Sincerely,
Your PLG mom who just wants to hug you and make your crying stop

Dear Luce,
Thanks for being so great this morning. You put up with all Tomma's antics and were really helpful. Thanks for being my big girl this morning and making my laugh when all I really wanted to do was cry.
Sincerely,
Your PLG mom who was so grateful you were so great today

Dear Crabby Old Ladies in polyester leisure suits in the D&W Grocery Store Deli area, eating your cheddar potato soup at 11 a.m.,
I get it. You guys don't have a lot of action going most days. This was exciting stuff. But for the love of god, did you need to stare AND point AND look at us SO appalled and aghast at a child acting up in a grocery store on a random Tuesday morning? Did one of you really have to say out loud,
"Aww...do you have a mean mom, little boy?"
Sincerely,
The PLG mom who waved at you, smiled and yelled loudly (cause I'm 35 now and I can...), "Yep! Take a good look at us, ladies! Good times at D&W!"

The one shining pinnacle of the morning: He just took a 1.5 hour nap.

9 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger k said...

Oh, snap.

At least you're not the mom who allowed her child to pummell the legs of the man in front of you in line and then have his wife mutter, "Punk ass kid." All while holding her own baby. ('Cause that was me.)

D&W is apparently not for the weak of heart.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger k said...

(Uhhh...poorly articulated story there. I was the one muttering AT the little boy and not actually WITH him.)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Good times . . . sorry we weren't able to see that, but we could perhaps provide you with something similar later today.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger amanda said...

PLG.

I know it won't make you feel any better... but I swear Jack has done that about six or seven times. It is so awesome.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger meg said...

you did not yell that at those women!!!!!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I swear I did! I did, I say!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger loveball said...

YELL at those leisure suit wearing, cheddar soup eating before noon, mom dissing ladies! That's my girl! If they're gonna go there - you totally can. You should have walked up to them and said, OH NO YOU DI'INT! (because that phrase is so ridiculous and OVER, YET...still hilarious to me).

Kid tantrum's must suck. Wonder if he's experiencing some growing pains. But adult tantrums suck too and we all have them. Poor little Tomma. (and poor you :(

But hey Luce - big sister to the rescue - nice going.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I'm not even going to give you a "oh...this one time with Jonathan or Benjamin stories"...cause giiirrrlll, shoot. you know them already.

but I just gotta say, this ranks right up there with the "Not-so-Hallmark-moment" one.

I'm not afraid to go ahead and say those ladies were grumpy and just plain rude. I bet when THEY were raising kids they never had stuff like that happen...you know, at the local general store and such.

I am rude.
you deserved a better day this week.

p.s. it happened the very same day Benjamin turned 3, I swear. (oh damn, there I go with the story bout my own kid)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

Oh poor you.
Been there myself a few times.
Though I am relieved to say that no one has ever made that kind of comment within ear shot of me.
Wow.
It's a good thing-or who knows what I might have said or done.
Though an image of cheddar cheese soup dripping down head does come to mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger