Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheeseball Valentine's Day Post...

I love those two ridiculous children...

Tommy's large head.
Lucy's one curl behind her ear.
Their chubby feet with no socks on.
Tommy trying to pull his sweatpants up.
Their giggles from Lucy's room at 6:30 a.m.
Lucy's outfits she puts together each day, usually from her ill-fitting size 4T summer drawer of items.
Their vocabulary and/or topics of conversation that usually throw people off when they are around us.
Tommy's intense love of Spiderman that makes no sense.
Yelling to everyone in Target that they just got new "buzzing toothbrushes!"
Tommy telling Lucy and I at random moments of the day that he loves us.
Lucy still asking me to "hold her."
Valentine's cards to "Dad's Dad," who died years ago, and Lucy asking if she should "throw it in the air" so he gets it in heaven.
That they really believe that even a trip to the grocery store is a great adventure.
The fact that anyone coming over deserves the red carpet rolled out for them.
How excited they get to wrestle with Daddy every night.
How Lucy still holds her ear when she drinks milk.
Holding hands to be safe.

I love all of my 456 Valentine's that have been given to me over the past week. Lucky am I!

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger amanda said...

That was such a sweet post. Happy Valentine's Day :)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger meg said...

very cute! happy v-day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger