Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Looking Back...

Here I now am, stealing a lovely montage of questions from Stephanie's blog...but I couldn't resist. A nice way to look back at the year....

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ran 16.2 miles without stopping.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't really recall, sadly, if I had a resolution last year...but if it was to run more, ummm....bullseye. I don't believe I have any resolutions this year either. Too much pressure.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes...babies galore in my world! Erin, Kelly, Karen, Sarah....can't even think of them all but bless them and their sleep-deprived hearts. These women were rock stars!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, this was a year of deaths for a few close family friends. Alice and Dave...I miss you and think of you all the time.

5. What countries did you visit?
Hi...my name is Sarah and I am a stay at home mom on a single income. Have a great day.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Always seeking more calm and peace.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Election day. August 28th - Sept. 4th (our days in Disney).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running my fastest 10K and a 25K. Planning the perfect Disney vacation for my family!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably my continuing to struggle with patience, with myself and others.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully - NO! No injuries in 2008! Thank you, Jesus!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My membership to my gym last year at this time was by far, and continues to be, the best thing I could ever spend money on. Workouts for sanity, a pool in the summer and winter, fun experiences for the kids...it's the best!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barack Obama.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Geez....all the big banks that loaned out money to PLG people, knowing full well that they were screwing them in the long run.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, car payments, and groceries.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney World.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Say," by John Mayer. "Walking like a one man army...." always would get me up a hill.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Happier 

b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? More money coming in, more expenses going out. Gah....

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Freelance work.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being impatient. Being too hard on myself.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my family - heaven!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nah.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock, Dirty Sexy Money, Office and Grey's.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24. What was the best book you read?
Well, now that I am into this...I think I DID have a resolution to read more this year. And I DID! Joined a book club...read about 4 books. That is 4 more books than I have read in 4 years. Sad but true. Best book: 52 issues of Us Weekly. Oops...sorry.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Weepies!

26. What did you want and get?
A once in a lifetime family vacation, great times with family and friends, new adventures, more quality time with the kids, running goals achieved.

27. What did you want and not get?
A pair of jeans that really, really fit me well. The hunt continues...what's with me?

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Wow...making me go all the way back to March 21st. I turned 34 years old. Dinner at Rose's with Matt and some new running shoes.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A cleaning person who cleans as well as me.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Mix Target with a very on-sale boutique item = nice work!

31. What kept you sane?
Running, friends, laughing.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh, that would also be Barack.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Some people I know suprisingly saying, "I don't know...there is just something about Barack I don't trust."
Elephant in the room.

34. Who did you miss?
My sister.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
Geez....as I realized when filling out 30+ NEW Christmas cards this year, I have been so lucky to meet some wonderful new friends this year through the kid's school, the gym, the 'hood. Lucky indeed!

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Every moment matters...live each day as if it's your last.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"The World Spins Madly On," by The Wheepies, speaks to my days with the kids. This best year of my life was filled with so many moments, smiles, tears, adventures, heart-stopping cuteness, worries, love, songs, laughs, dance, sweat, hugs, kisses...and then I would get to wake up and do it all over again.

Ahhh....
Let the day roll by
Ahhh...
Never say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving
But I'm standing still
Night is here, day is gone
And the world spins madly on...
Full of you, and where you've gone
And the world spins madly on....

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger meg said...

Way to miss your sister! Nice list and look back. On to a happy 2009! PROCTOR!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I love these things. Maybe someday I'll have time again to do one. Oh PLG me. Geez. Can you tell I need a nap? And a big tall glass of shut the hell up? I mean wine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger