Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Here We Go....

Lucy has been especially sweet lately. Such a big girl. Helpful, good coping skills for the most part, excellent problem-solver, mostly rational behavior. I am proud of her and her big girl self these days.
However...with "Big Girlness" comes another item I am not real interested in experiencing: Attitude.
Sunday afternoon, I got my very first, "Whatever..." under her breath as she walked away from me.
Oh no she di 'int.
And so "time outs" begin for showing "attitude."
Isn't life interesting? Once they learn to wipe their booty and take care of themselves, suddenly they are too cool for school.
Ahhh...good times ahead with that one.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

sounds oh so familiar....
but the sweetness makes up for it huh?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh man, I have got to hear some more on the attitude business. It seriously kills me. I'm laughing with you, not at you. Because seriously, I am so in for it with my big boy. Let me tell you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger