Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grateful Week...

This has been an interesting week. One in which I am feeling very...grateful.
Grateful for two healthy, happy kids that are chubby and cute and fun and pooping in potties and laughing at things that make no sense and I laugh right along with them.
Grateful for a husband who is a great partner in this crazy life that is ours.
Grateful that we have groceries in the house, clothes in our closets, and money in the checkbook.
Grateful that we haven't had any major home snaffoos in the past year. Knock. On. Wood.
Grateful for a strong, healthy body I have worked my butt off for and that rocked out that 5th mile this morning.
Grateful for parents that help out when you need it the most and make it all fun.
Grateful for a morning that might be very, very cold, but the sun is shining bright and anything is possible.
Grateful for that first hot cup of coffee in the morning with two little bodies on either side of me, snuggled under a blanket.
Grateful for a glass of wine with an old friend, a great morning chat with a new friend, and calls from buddies who live far away but don't forget.
Grateful for this life.

6 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger meg said...

but are you grateful for YOUR SISTER?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You have money in your checking account? I'm on my way over . . .

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, Grateful for a sister who sends me ridic text pics and creepy music! SO EXCITED for Disney on Ice!
Barely money in the checkbook...barely...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Geez. I need to get out of this funk and start being a little more grateful. Here I am bitching about three days in a row of clouds.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Dina said...

And grateful that we'll be spending Valentine's evening together? I thought so. Can't wait to meet you! :)

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a nice optimistic pick-me-up to my day...thanks, friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger