Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, January 08, 2009

For the Love of Emily....

I would not be doing my blog proud if I did not devote a post to the current love of Lucy's life (besides David). That would be her American Girl Bitty Baby Doll, Emily.
Lucy loves this girl. Over the course of the past year, Emily has risen to the top of the "doll heap" at our house, which includes well over 20 babies and dolls.
This past Christmas, Lucy's wish list included many items for Emily. Pajamas, a snow suit, outfits, a hat, crib, you get the drift. Lucy really sacrificed other gifts on behalf of Emily's comfort and style.
Needless to say, Santa and others delivered. Every morning, Emily is taken out of her crib next to Lucy's bed and put into a new jazzy outfit for the day. She puts her snowsuit and winter hat on every morning before we leave to go anywhere. She also discusses who will babysit Emily while Lucy is at school, dance, swimming, the gym, etc. And cozy jammies go back on her every night. It is a dedicated love she carries for Emily. This morning, Emily even went outside to play in the snow with us. Ridiculous!!




5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha!! Too much!! I love the stroller in the snow.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger meg said...

emily doing the snow angel RULES! haha - that's hilarious!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger MB said...

Sarah....I hate to tell you this, but Emily is a twin who was separated at birth. I bought the American Girl "twins" last Christmas and gave one (brown hair) to Lucy and one (blonde hair) to Shaelyn. Shaelyn also loves this dolly, but after reading this post I somehow feel guilty for not giving her both of the dolls! Can you imagine the love she would have for the twins? Even worse, imagine the anger when one day she learns that her Godmother (of all people) separated the twins at birth! MB

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger loveball said...

Emily making a snow angel picture is creepy as hell and also totally awesome!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

hahaha....Emily has a long lost blond twin! Oh the horror! Lucy DOES know this fact but has made peace with Emily's other mother. ha ha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger