Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, December 22, 2008

One More Holiday Haiku....

38 inches of snow this month
three more months of winter to go
so far, shockingly, I am not going nuts

Wait until the holidays are over
swimming, dance class, school, maybe a trip to Chicago
we will somehow cruise through the days

I thought I would see him go pee pee in the potty
before he wrote his name
now "Tom" is written on his art projects by himself

She is taller, leaner, wearing a new size of clothes
heading to the big girl section of Target blows my mind
wasn't I just there buying onesies for her

Watching our wedding video with the kids yesterday was shocking
we have changed, grown, experienced
people have moved, lost touch, married, added children or even died

Our biggest worry was "what mountain will we hike this Saturday?"
It was a simpler time, that is for sure
now, my face shows the signs of motherhood, his head is grey

But it's still us
time rolls on and we appreciate, love and hold on tight
we celebrate all that we are grateful for this week

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

great post, I love this. I might have to try this haiku thing soon!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

i love this....
happy holidays to you and your beautiful family!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I somehow missed this post last week...what with all of the holiday hysteria. Anyway, so lovely. A great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger