Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Wish...

"Mom? Can we just stop going to any stores so we can save our money and just go back to Disneyworld?"
(I wish...but could we live on cold mush?)

"Mom! If we go back to Disneyworld, you can buy a Snow White Barbie by the Snow White ride! And I will ride it with you, just as long as you tell me when to cover my eyes during the scary parts."
(She even went so far as to offer to have her 5th b-day party theme be "All Snow White," because she knows she's my favorite princess).

"Mom, I promise not to buy anything when we go there, so we can just go there and not spend any money!"
(I had to explain that an airplane ride and entrance into the park did actually cost money).

Sure, I wish we would win the lotto and go back to Disney this spring...and pay off our debt...and not worry about money.
Mostly, I wish we could help everyone out there struggling right now. So many people. Some radio stations in town are giving away money to people who call in with sad Christmas stories. However, there are so many sad Christmas stories, we will never know how bad it really is for so many people.
So maybe we can't get to Disney again anytime soon but we sure are lucky. Luckier than most people in the world. After our sudden job losses two years ago, I thank god for that one every day. I swear, after going through that, I never let myself take anything for granted anymore.
I worry about all the PLGs of the world right now and all the hardship people are going through. Please let this all turn around sometime very soon.

3 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger meg said...

Lucy indeed, lucky indeed.

And let's pray to the sweet lord America gets with it and adopts socialized health care.

My only hope is Obama...

God Bless America

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am in total agreement . . . but for some reason the phrase "I worry about all the PLGs of this country" has me totally cracking up. =)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

what? you mean Disney is not free??!!
there goes our winter vacation plans...
damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger