Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Haiku...

Going with my girl, Whoorl's, suggestion...I shall indulge in a little holiday "Haikuing" (that's right, I just tried to make Haiku a verb) myself...

Last week of preschool
before two weeks off
how I will miss the 2.5 hours

So many homemade ornaments and crafts
I will treasure those like gold down the road
I can just feel it

Struggling with the Core plan
"Bark" made by neighbors is too good
maybe I was too hard on myself anyway

Don't buy M&Ms for your toddler
unless you are sure
he is ready to potty train

It's never too late in the day to change
says the girl in the 2T Jasmine costume
who now wears 5T

Personal style - one area I will try to never intervene
all I want her to know is
she is a beauty inside and out

And she goes to the neighbors in a leotard
hey at least she wore a coat
what kind of a mother would I be

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - I liked these!

Core is super hard right now - I vote go easy on yourself...enjoy the moments....dont go nuts...and recommit for new years.

That was almost a hiku!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I agree with Meg... seriously! Enjoy the holidays and recommit for new years. I'm caving tonight, I just know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger