Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, December 04, 2008

The First Crush....

I can't believe I am typing this but Lucy actually has her first crush. She doesn't know that's what it is called* but let me tell you something...the girl is smitten.
The lucky boy's name is David and he is "funny", "nice," "runs fast," "so funny," "chases me but can't ever catch me," "acts like an alien," and is also "so, so funny."
We talk about David a lot on the car ride home from preschool. What hilarious thing he said...how his hat is so goofy....how he said "goodbye" to Miss Sherri in a weird voice. You get the picture...this guy is smooth. How could you NOT have a crush based on that kind of action?
Yesterday, the kids received their class picture from school. Lucy immediately wanted to hold hers the whole way home. The only comments she made in the 8 minute ride home...
"Mom, isn't David handsome?"
"David looks so handsome in this picture."
"David is really handsome here."

Bless her heart...it is too adorable. And as I type this, guess who's currently in our basement playing football while Lucy watches from her seat with a big, giant grin on her face?
You got it...the big D....


*Pet peeve: When people will ask an age inappropriate child, "So, who's your booooyyyfriend?"
Ugh...I cringe at that and always have, even before becoming a mother. So yeah FYI - I don't say squat about this crush she's got going.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - that is so hilarious!!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Hi-larious. Seriously. I can't believe she's already boy-crazy!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger good joo said...

ava also has a first crush by the name of tommy. he too "runs fast" and is "just a good guy." what? they are so cute with their crushes. but just wait...once tommy breaks her heart i'll be in the car driving to preschool to kick some ass...

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Molly said...

We've been there with Marian (age 6). Anyhoo, I tagged you in a game of blog tag. Click here to see what you have to do. I continue to love reading your blog! Molly
http://slyandthefamily.wordpress.com/2008/12/07/tagged-to-be-random/

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger HoodMama said...

We've had the same thing over here and I'm with you, I laugh inside but don't encourage it. I don't need my husband cleaning his shotgun in a tanktop over a second-grade boy. :)Thanks for the lice tips. That sounded better in my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger