Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Dear Chicken...

Dear Chicken,
You creep my out. And no matter how much I try to pretend you don't, you really, really do. I don't enjoy cooking you, touching you raw or seeing anything suspect in you. If I bite into something odd...I officially am "off the chicken" for a long, long time. I have started cooking in the crock pot so all I have to do is touch your frozen breast and drop you in the crock until dinnertime. Even still, you give me the willies. Yesterday, I had to pull apart two breasts that were stuck together by some sort of...tendon...and now I am all set for a good month at least.
Chicken, you are just creepy.
Love,
Me
p.s. Pass me a Gardenburger.

5 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger k said...

I feel the same way about chicken!

I absolutely refuse to eat any sort of chicken on the bone--wierd-o viens and tendony grossness. And! Will so NOT touch anything remotely uncooked. Heeby.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Me too, Me too!! And that commercial where the lady is wiping down the counters with a piece of raw chicken... BLAGH!!! Talk about heeby-jeebies. Yuck.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

not to gross you out any further...but check this out...
http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamiesfowldinners/
Um pass me the tofu.
(or organic chicken at the very least)

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hilarious! I can touch it, but I try not to, and I must wash my hands with scalding water for 45 minutes afterwards.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Megz said...

HAhahha...love this post. And if you didn't already post about it, I'd be surprised!
It's one of the first things I learned about you, Ms. Cavanaugh...remember our PLG cooking class--in our honeymoon phase?
Ridic.
But SO remember you being skeeved by the chicken.
Me? Not so much.
But that may be because I grew up poking the eyes out of fish after my dad caught them...yeah...I'm classy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger