Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, November 03, 2008

What I Want you to Know...

Well, the world is spinning madly on....and so I will leave you with a few things I want you to know 20 years from now (as a good friend surmised as reasons for her blog postings recently)....

1. The kids were about as cute as it gets on Halloween this year. Tommy was so brave in his costume at his first school performance, and Lucy lived it up as the one and only Alice in Wonderland. We brought a bit of our own magic from our Disney trip back for Halloween and it was so fun and worth every penny.




I have to say, I didn't necessarily love being in the Snow White costume, but seeing their faces as I walked outside as Snow White made it all worth it. It's ridiculous what a mom will do to make them laugh!

2. I volunteered to be a "class helper" in Lucy's preschool class last week. Thankfully, she was so entranced by the art projects, friends, stories, and singing, she basically forgot I was even there. I got to see "the real her" in action and it was so fun. She was so interested and smart, and projected happiness and self esteem. I was beaming with pride as I snuck out halfway through "Circle Time."

3. We took a quick trip to Chicago on Saturday to visit a close friend of mine, who just had a baby. Lucy and Tommy were absolutely FABULOUS. Tommy is fighting a bad cold and they were both still wiped from Halloween, so we weren't real sure what to expect from them. They exceeded all expectations from in the car to sharing toys to being kind to my friend's little boy. We rewarded them with a trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo yesterday morning and they loved it. I loved taking them somewhere I used to frequent in my former life, as a singleton in the city. Now I can't wait to take them back and show them even more of the city. In the words of Lucy yesterday as we left the zoo, "Thanks for having us, Chicago! You're a real nice city!"

4. After waking up from my 2nd night of Barack Obama dreams (I am obsessing) at 6:15 a.m., I heard Lucy telling Tommy that she "hates John McCain." Then we had to yell to them from bed, "We don't hate anyone and we don't say hate. That isn't nice. We just think Obama would be a better President. That's all."
"Oh..."
And back to playing in Lucy's room they went...

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger meg said...

hhahaha that is hilarious about John McCain!!! That's awesome.

Nice post - woo!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I think you look like a fabulous Snow White!
looks like your dream came true last night..
congtrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger