Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Schizo....

Life with a 2.5 year old can certainly feel schizophrenic. Yesterday afternoon, the boy was a mess from nap wake-up until bedtime. He woke up furious, sobbed outside while trying to get some fresh air with friends, sobbed during dinner and sobbed through his bath. I was to the point during the bath where I called to Matt, "Seriously...I can't take it. My head is killing me from the cries! You must take over!"
Ridiculous.

Incidentally, and on a random side note, I have shocked my body a bit with sugar withdrawal on the Weight Watchers Core plan and it hit me hard on day three. But I am motivated and excited about doing this for the next 8 weeks and seeing how it goes. No more sugar and processed foods for me...it is time for a wake-up call.

O.k. back to the sobbing....so this morning, the boy wakes up happy as a clam. Cute and so happy yelling, "Yeah! I love school and it's a school day!"
When I picked him up from school, Miss Gloria told me, "He sure had a great day. He was doing all the hand motions to our indian song and just having a blast." PLG....
Later during lunch, he walked into the kitchen and looked adorable so I asked for a hug. He happily obliged and when he pulled away he looked at me all concerned and said, after a moment of thought,
"I didn't see you all weekend."
"I know, Tomma, and I really missed you! I didn't see you all weekend!"
"Yeah, I missed you, too..." and ran off to the family room.

So yeah...needless to say, I kind of forgot about the previous day's sob-fest....

4 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Sorry, I was the random poster who deleted. So here it is again...

Don't you LOVE 2-year olds? Some days I'm ready for naptime by 9am as I look at my 2-year old and think, "Where the hell did YOU come from? Seriously." And then other days I just can't get enough of the sweetness. Uh-huh, totally been there...

On a side note, good luck on Core. I've done WW for years and switched to Core from Flex about a year ago and love love love it.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger k said...

What is it with nap times and little kids? If I had a regular nap I'd wake New & Improved every time.

Oh--and I love WW Core too! I like having a list of what I can eat. Sort of takes the mystery out of what's good and what's not.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Tommy sounds like Jack has been for the past month... one day it's sobbing and fits all day long and the next day it's "I missed you very much, Mommy."

I've got to hear more about this WW core dealie. I'm going to need it very soon.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I love this post!!!
Sooo Tomma...love the boy.

And you know I gotts yo back on the Co plan.

:)was that ghetto enough?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger