Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Welcome to Events Central...

Whew! All the events of this past week are behind me. And they were all a grand success, for the most part.
My jewelry party on Monday night was, at first, a bit of a bust. Some RSVPs did not end up coming and there was very minimal ordering of lovely items. In the end, my friends like to chat and drink wine instead of buy jewelry when the economy has gone to poo. Can you blame them?
However, things got better when I used all the leftover food at two more events this week AND was able to treat myself to a very cool necklace with my "free jewelry" gift.
Niece's birthday party? Real nice. Preschool family night? Real nice. Homecoming tailgate? Real nice.
Based on the saga going on around here, that shall remain nameless, I decided God gave me all these distractions to allow me to survive the week and not go absolutely "coo coo!"
And with that, I leave you with yet another photo session of our family at an orchard. Seriously...even I, the ever-loving orchard woman, have to admit I am a little over the orchards.
Oh who am I kidding, pass me a pumpkin spice donut.




3 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Glad you survived and had fun while you were at it!! Oh, and I am so jealous that I was not invited to the jewelry party. I sooo would have made a purchase. And enough already with the mentioning of the pumpkin spice donuts!!!! It's killing me... I can't find them anywhere around here. Oh, but don't fret, I've had my fair share of the cupcakes and sour cream donuts this week. Trust me.

oh, ps. thanks for the tid bit on SIDS... I hadn't heard about the fan stuff... interesting news, that'll keep that fan around longer than I had planned.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Let's just call you 'Events Johnson' . . .

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Do I detect a bit of "Klackle Fatigue"???

:)Hilarious...but totally know what you mean about the apple orchards.
P.S. Have you tried the PLG winery at Robinette's? Kinda lame, but also kinda glorious.

Here's to a great week, my friend...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger