Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Things I Learned this Week...

1. If you want to lull Tommy to sleep, per his request, you must learn the words to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at Disney World. However, something just doesn't feel right about whispering, "Drink up, me Harty's, yo ho!" in his ear.

2. You can have 4 Pumpkin Spice lattes in 6 days and not be mad about it.

3. If you throw 3 couch cushions on the floor, your kids will giggle and flail onto it for 45 minutes...it is actually the reason I am able to write this post.

4. You can let your kids run in the rain at someone's house for one hour and they will think they died and went to heaven (thanks to my completely "cool mom," Karen!). They will also fall asleep in 2.3 seconds...

5. School is a wonderful thing for us all. God bless this new schedule...

6. I have nothing to wear. Seriously. I must have worn one pair of ill-fitting jeans and the same sweater every day last fall.

7. I love Facebook. It is hilarious...and semi-addictive.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

A list for a list...
1. haha to #1
2. Soo hot here. And/or humid. I so wish I could do the pumpkin spice right now, but the heat just makes it seem wrong.
3. Definitely going to try #3.
4. AMEN to #5!
5. I have nothing to wear too. But for totally different reasons. I'm so ready to be out of maternity clothes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger