Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Happy Place...

I have been pretty PLG about something that I guess I will admit on here, for posterity sake. I am still really, really sad to be home from Disneyworld. That's right...we have been home for almost a month and every single day, I think about that place, our trip, and how much fun it was.
I get sad that we have to wait 4 or 5 more years to do it again.
I daydream about ways to win trips to go there again, or pray to Jesus (who is my friend) to allow me to get the "Mom's panel" job over at the Disney website I applied for (um, me and 20,000 other applicants).
I wonder how my life would have been different if I had worked there in college (damn that Disney interviewer...I was wearing a navy blazer and MICKEY PIN on the LAPEL...is there no God in heaven?).
Things I especially miss, in no real order are:
Waking up in our Fort Wilderness cabin and realizing we had the whole day to play.
Never having a thought in my mind (for 7 days straight) about dishes, laundry, cooking or picking up toys.
Sending the kids off to my parents cabin in the morning to say "Good morning!" and getting ready to ride in the golf cart to the boat or bus.
Watching Lucy's face in the 3-D movies, giggling with glee!
Riding rides with sweaty Tommy, who would not show emotion through the entire ride. However, when you would ask Tomma how he liked it, he would respond, "That was a wonderful ride."
Being shocked by Lucy's bravery on EVERY ride for a person over 40 inches! Even the Haunted Mansion?!
Frozen lemonades in Fantasyland. (choke...sob...)
Watching my parents ride Dumbo and the Tea Cups with the kids. The kids have no idea how lucky they are!
Seeing Lucy's face when they revealed her "Princess makeover" in the boutique. That face was the happiest 4-year-old girl on earth.
Riding the "grown up" rides with Matt and our adult night out with Meg and John.
Walking through the Emporium gift shop and excitedly buying Lucy her Halloween costume.
Noticing the music and smells in each corner we visited.
The overall smell that many of the water-type rides have (Pirates, Splash Mountain)...it's just a Disney smell that I can't explain.
Watching the kids hug any characters...it would make me well up with tears all the time.
Seeing Tommy pinch Minnie's nose.
Character meals and buffets where the kids could eat right away and any goodie they wanted! We decided normal dinner rules do not apply in Disney.
Watching Tommy worship my mom and goof around with her all day long.
Watching Tommy LOVE every form of transportation that we used.
Just having the kids act SO AWESOME 90% of the trip. Barely ever acting out and keeping it together so splendidly, they made me so very proud.

And finally, I guess it was just the freedom of never worrying about what was going on back at home or what we were missing - because in my whole life, nothing could have been better than that week and those moments with those people. If I died tomorrow, I had that trip and it was everything I hoped it could be.

7 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger MB said...

Sarah....I feel your pain over the post Disney experience!! I cherish all of our trips to Disney and re-live them on a regualar basis. The girls and I look at the photo albums often and it is so fun to hear them talk about their memories years later. Disney is the reason that we do not have a new bedroom set. Everytime we save enough money for all the pieces, I look at my hodge podge funiture and decide that a trip to Disney is more valuable!!! MB

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger meg said...

That is PLG but a goody. And thank goodness you didnt get the job at Disney in college cause then you would have run off with Captain Hook - and Tommy and Lucy wouldn't even exist! So thank the sweet lord that "Jesus is your friend" and kept you from that!

That's all I can say.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger loveball said...

damn, Disney does a Sarah good.

my apologies for using the word damn in a disney blog.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger loveball said...

oh, and I can't believe I left a message without mentioning the fact that you uh...wore a blazer with a disney pin?! P.L.G. sister...P.L.G.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger meg said...

Also - I was just thinking. YOu write: I get sad that we have to wait 4 or 5 more years to do it again.

But you dont have to wait. Make it happen. If that makes you happy - don't make 'rules' that keep it from happening. Money, bla, bla, bla - you get to make up the rules regardless of money. The money will come.

-Wise one

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger k said...

Delurking to say...I TOTALLY want a princess makeover. Sign me up!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I agree with Meg, why wait 4 or 5 more years to do it again?? Make it happen - make it a priority to go back as soon as you can, especially if it's something that brings your whole family so much joy and great memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger