Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, September 05, 2008

It's A World of Laughter...

Well, this Disney ship has landed. But we still all have "It's a Small World" ringing in our ears, frozen lemonade on the taste buds, and the smiles of the kiddos and all of us in our minds. It was the best trip ever. I will spare you all the details but I just have to say this trip was one that will go down in family history as one of the greatest weeks of our lives. There is something about Disney World that causes the world to stop. It is just the greatest place on earth.
We are still all "Disneyfied." Mouse ears are on the shelves and new stuffed characters are strewn around the house. I was telling Matt last night that now the kids see life, for the first time, through "Disney eyes." Their imaginations must have grown to enormous sizes over the week.
When we arrived home, Lucy immediately started cleaning her room, putting her new Daisy Duck and Minnie dolls on their new bed (hers, of course). While cleaning, I caught her singing a Disney tune to herself.
Tommy spent his post-lunch playtime today, playing with his cars going to and from "Meema's cabin on the golf cart," while singing "It's a Small World." A few minutes later he said to himself, "I don't like the mean queen."
Yes, it's true, we have all been officially "Disneyfied." I have to admit I have had a hard day trying to get back into normal life. Laundry, groceries and errands just don't feel the same when you were riding "Splash Mountain" with the happiest 4-year-old on earth just one day before. "I love this ride, Mom. I just love it."
If I think too hard about all that happened and all the magical moments, I get a little teary and have to think of something else...
Back at home, the air is cooler and the flowers are wilting. School starts next week for both kids and they are extremely excited. New school shoes are in the closet...the Crocs are dirty and worn out from the best summer we have ever had. I even got a little excited to put up some fall decorations around the house.
Things are moving on...life is moving forward. And yet, I don't really want to let this past summer go and certainly not this once in a lifetime trip we just experienced. It will remain in my family's memories with that moment in time frozen forever. And I suppose being able to have that memory is the luckiest of all.







4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OH MY GOSH!! What a great trip! I'm so happy for you guys. It looks like it was amazing and so much fun and so many great memories were made. And what a great summer too... don't be too bummed about it coming to an end - just think of all the memories to come.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I just teared up at the pic of your whole family standing with the Magic Kingdom in the background . . . I am so sure. Glad you're back!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger meg said...

Greatest trip EVER! Woooooooooo!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Megz said...

One of my fave pics is still the one of your sister with the Duran Duran t-shirt!
So glad you had the time of your lives...can't think of a more appreciative Mommy than you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger