Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, September 14, 2008

How to Jazz Up a Boring Weekend...

Once your husband gets home from a 2 day golf trip with the boys, take a moment and head to the store for some alone time.
Upon your return, just one hour later, go check out your basement that has started flooding from the three solid days of rain that hit Michigan this weekend. Then, start breathing deeply when your husband tells you that, while he was flailing to get a pump for the basement in the garage, your daughter decided to chop off her cute bob with her craft scissors.
She took it upon herself to try and "Look like mom so we can be twins!" Except that mom doesn't have bangs that start at the hairline and large chunks out of the back of her ears. Oh, and just for a little more excitement, chop into brother's new haircut a couple of times as well.
That's right...all this can happen to you if you dare leave the house for a few minutes. And that is how a boring, rainy, weekend of single parenthood can end for you, my friend.
Pics to come tomorrow...good grief!!

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Lovely. Pour me a drink and let me at it.

Sorry :(

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh noo. I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger MB said...

Oh Sarah....This does not sound good!! All three of my girls have done the famous self haircut....I think it is a right of passage of the three/four year old!! Just in time for school pictures!! Gracen did it the worst. She took her bangs right to the hairline. You will be surprised how fast it grows, but not fast enough to avoid the hundreds of comments you will get (when they see her)from other sympathic parents who have been there! Hang in there and I will pray for sunshine in EGR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger